Ketogenic diet may be suitable for people who want to lose weight and diabetic patients because it can help reduce blood sugar levels. But not always Because there are other factors that must be taken into account as well.
Eating a “ketogenic” diet is related to blood sugar levels. Because eating ketogenic means eating food that avoids starches and sugars (carbohydrates) by eating fat instead. To make the body feel like it’s fasting Therefore, it breaks down the fat that accumulates in the body. The fat that is broken down is called “ketone”.
Benefits of Ketogenic
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Thaninee Sahakijrungruang From Chulalongkorn Hospital, Thai Red Cross Society, information is given that the properties of the keto diet are as follows:
- Helps reduce blood sugar levels
- Reduces blood pressure in people with diabetes. Especially in the first year, part of this is probably the result of weight loss in the initial stages.
- Helps reduce insulin ยูฟ่าเบท https://ufabet999.com levels
Who can eat ketogenic diet?
- Type 2 diabetes patients
- General people who want to lose weight
- People who do not have underlying diseases that require caution such as liver disease, kidney disease, etc.
People who should not eat ketogenic diet
- Diabetic patients who are taking medicine to reduce blood sugar levels This is because there is a greater chance of problems with low sugar levels.
- People with type 1 diabetes who need to take insulin (including children and teenagers with type 1 diabetes) are at risk of acidosis from ketones in the blood. Including the occurrence of excessive hypoglycemia.
- People with kidney impairment may want to be careful about consuming too much protein on the keto diet. It can cause more kidney deterioration.
It can be seen that although ketogenic diet is suitable for people with diabetes. But not always Therefore, diabetic patients or those with other medical conditions should consult their doctor before considering eating keto. To assess risks that may occur later